The Mission of AAP New York Chapter 1 is the same as for District II and New York State. We work with New York District II and the National American Academy of Pediatrics to:
- Provide our members with the best tools, skills and knowledge to remain the best qualified health professionals to deliver care to infants, children, adolescents and young adults.
- Participate in educational forums in which issues of importance to children and pediatricians are addressed.
- Work with individuals, government and non-governmental organizations to secure access to and delivery of high quality care within the concept of a “Medical Home” for all children.
- Ensure that the decision-making which affects the health and well-being of children and their families is based only on the needs of those specific children and families.
- Monitor the effect changes to the health care delivery system have on children and pediatricians.
- Improve pediatricians’ awareness of the value of membership in the Academy at the Chapter, District and National levels.